Australian Geographic founder, Dick Smith may be delighted that his original workplace vision has now been repurposed into a beautiful and welcoming community access centre for Unisson Disability in Terrey Hills.
This project was a joy to deliver. Our client trusted our management of the planning, design and delivery process and remained engaged and completely focussed on the project outcome.
Unisson’s management team lived the project as one of the team. The building owner was flexible, collaborative and local. One of our clients and Buildcorp donated quality secondhand furniture to the project.
Built Complete Pty Ltd, the head contractor, sourced secondhand carpets, came up with low cost joinery and glazing solutions and had unused lighting waiting for a new home.
CSR Himmel Interior Systems provided acoustic panelling at cost. We even secured the services of two high school students to assist with the acoustic panelling installation as work experience – they did a pretty good job too!
The clean, perfectly adapted and value design by Cradle Design has provided a unique centre in the community access space and we hope Unisson’s clients enjoy it for years to come.
The project had very tight time and cost constraints, so a unique arrangement of contractor/design team was established to consider reused flooring, donated furniture and other items to meet cost targets.
‘In hospitality, it’s the little details that drive success and it was great to partner with Property Beyond who lives by the same standards. Having them involved allowed me and my team to focus on what we are good at, with confidence the project would be delivered on time and on budget.’
William Wood, GM – Melbourne, Little Creatures Brewing
NSW Rural Fire Services
Date: 2019 Scale: 3.5 hectare site with purpose built Training and Office Facility, Dormitories, Gym and associated parking, hard standing, fire sheds and infrastructure.
Property Beyond was tasked to locate a site in Dubbo NSW, Liaise with Council, Develop a Facility Plan and then act as Design and Project manager to deliver a Development Application and a developed Design Finalization and Construct Tender for this $25M facility.
Our scope of Project Management work included gathering a suitably qualified and agile project team to:
- Develop a Concept design based on the approved facility plan.
- Develop a preliminary Civil, Services and Architectural design for approval and further development.
- Cost Planning of the development and value management prior to further design development.
- Prepare, lodge and manage the Development Application.
- BCA assessment, Part J Energy Modelling, Furniture Fittings and Finishes documentation and further design development to Tender.
- Draft a Tender package and Design Brief.
- Closely liaise with various NSW Government bodies including NSW RFS, Dubbo Regional Council and The Dubbo Airport.